Journalism is this big course everyone wishes to venture in. when all we think is broadcasting live on television. Millions of people in the globe to seat and listen to news. However, this the easy bit of Journalism, in real sense this the most challenging course in the world. You have to study hard and have experience in order to work.
What is journalism?Is the act of creating and fetching for news, writing for magazines and newspapers? It passing and production of the current affairs through telecast or audio coverage. One passes information to the people to enlighten them about what happening locally and internationally.
We have different media where information is passed by journalist. This includes the Radio, internet, social media, television, newspapers and magazines. Journalist make a difference in people lives by giving happenings and sometimes focusing on issues which need human intervention. Let’s take corruption cases if featured the law can react to the issue stopping the crime.
In India the course is highly regarded as students have to perform well in the 10+2 class and other education levels. India supports the roles of journalist and give attractive salaries to journalist. We focus on different aspects of journalism, courses, principals and qualification to become better journalist in India.
Principals of journalism
The course/career is governed by certain principals, they either impact positively or negatively.
- News: General happening of the country and internationally. News can focus on anything from government, local residences. The stories here are not questionable but very informative.
- Investigative: This where you have to give real facts about someone or something. It based on investigating trying to get some truth about the someone or happening in the country.
- Reviews: This are when there is one on one talk, try to know what people think on certain issue.
- Feature writing: Writing is more exciting and has more opportunity. Its more permanent and gives more details compare to news.
What courses are under journalism?
For Indian students one has to pass their 10+2 exams. They will require bachelor or degree in journalism in order to gain a good company.
- Feature writing
- Photo journalism and communication
- Designing this are the cartoonist
- Video media
Courses going for 3 year’s undergraduate degree
- BA in journalism
- BA in journalism and mass communication
- BA mass media and journalism
- BA in mass media
- B.Sc. in journalism and mass communication
- BA in media and communication
- Diploma in journalism 1 year.
Universities in India offering journalism courses
Now that we have the courses and what one can take we need universities. India has several universities offering the courses and giving certified certificates as follows:
- IIMC Indian institute of mass communication Delhi
- Xavier’s institute of communication
- Asian college of journalism
- Mudra institute of communication, Ahmedabad
- Department of communication and journalism Pune.
- Bharati Vidya Bhavan’s Sardar Patel college of communication and management Delhi
Journalism in India is highly focused on and the government ensures the journalist are well qualified. The media houses are also well organized giving real news and reliable to all citizens both locally and internationally